Moving Mountains – Vegan Recipes
This meat-free recipe makes for a brilliant summer menu offering. With more and more people moving towards meat-free diets, having a bog-standard vegan menu offering is no longer going to cut it. Moving mountains have a brilliant range of vegan alternative meat products which can easily be interchanged with typical meat products.
This sticky meatball recipe features the Moving Mountains ‘No Meatballs’ which taste as rich and filling as any other meatball on the market. The bright assortment of colours and delicate mixture of Asian flavours will wow anyone, veggie or not!
- Start by preheating your oven to 180*C / 160*C.
- Next, you must prepare the sticky Asian-inspired sauce! Warm up the rapeseed oil in a medium size heavy base saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallots, ginger, lemon grass and chilli and sweat for about 3 minutes, stirring non-stop throughout.
- Turn down the heat and add a splash of water, if you notice that the mixture starts to brown. Add the stock and water, then the maple syrup and soy sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering prepare the rice, following the instructions on the packet.
- Cook the ‘no’meatballs. Spread them out on a small oven tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 10 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Next up is the cucumber salad. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil and vinegar. Add the cucumbers, stir and sprinkle the sesame seeds over.
- Warm up the rapeseed oil in a heavy base large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the broccoli and fry, shaking the pan occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, until they brown slightly. Add the soy sauce and stir again with a wooden spoon.
- Strain the sauce and pour it back to the saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons to a small bowl and mix with the rice flour, until all the lumps disappear. Add the thickener to your sauce and stir, until well combined. Add the meatballs in and cook for another 5 minutes or more, if you think the sauce is not thick enough. Stir continuously. Taste and season with a squeeze of lime and more soy sauce or maple syrup, if needed.
- Time to serve. Put the rice into 4 bowls, top with the broccoli, sticky meatballs, spring and fried onions. Serve with the cucumber salad on side.
You can order all the products linked above either through our website or via telesales.
See the full range of Moving Mountains, meat free alternatives by clicking here: